Saturday, March 7, 2009

Why My Fiance is Just as Ignorant as Everyone Else

Sometimes, you see children behaving badly in public. You wonder why their parents don't pull them outside and spank them. I had to wonder that tonight with my own fiance. It was incredibly embarrassing, and now I understand why those parents do not do anything. Because somewhere in the deep recesses of their minds, they are hoping that their child will stop acting like a jackass. I too, understand this feeling.

When in public, regardless of the situation, do not EVER disrespect the ones you love. You want to prove you are ignorant, that is the way to do it. If this means that you go to a nice restaurant with hundreds of people, even if you do not like the restaurant, act appropriately. Do not order drinks all night and not order dinner because you disapprove of someone else's choice in restaurant. Just shut your mouth, pretend like you are having at least a decent time, and order a fucking meal. When someone (like your fiancee) points out that you are being an asshole and embarrassing them, instead of continuing on with your unnecessary antics and ridiculousness, just stop. Apologize. Admit you are acting like a poorly-behaved 5 year old.

If you cannot handle yourself in an appropriate manner in public, and in front of other people, you are ignorant. Just as ignorant as other people you feel so inclined to mention in your blog. Also, do not compare friends with the individual whom you have wronged, stating that your friends are quality and her friends are not. Considering you have friends who have ventured to our home and let one of our cats out, never to be found again, and then also needed prompted to apologize for that incident.....you might not yourself have quality friends.

Apologies will be accepted and expected daily for at least the next week.

P.S. If you buy your fiancee a birthday gift, and it happens to die, it doesn't matter if you think her birthday is said and done....you owe her BIG BIG BIG BIG time.

P.P.S. I hope parents still beat the shit out of their kids when they misbehave. If someone's parents had beat him as frequently as my parents beat me, he would not have acted so poorly this evening. So parents, the next time you feel you might be being too harsh on your kids, beat them anyways, just for good measure.

1 comment:

  1. I was beaten plenty. My father would make me choose which items in the room I could be beaten with...yardstick, belt, shoe, etc. I would get beaten before church as a reminder to behave. Unbelievably, you failed to mention any of the things that your friends have done wrong. All I know is that when we move, there will be ZERO of your good friends there to help us move and 3-5 of mine.

    ReplyDelete