Monday, March 16, 2009

Wahhhh...I have finals...Wahhh!!!!!




Ok...I'm gonna level with you. I've been out of school for almost 2 years now and anyone who is in the workforce will be the first to tell you...college ain't shit compared to the grind (especially, if you're in sales)...yes, kiddos...even finals week.

There is a select group of college kids who actually have it basically as bad as us in reality and those are the kids who are putting themselves through school. Not only must they deal with the elongated societal cyst that is college, but they have to work some dogshit job as a fast food attendant, waiter, barkeep, janitor, starbucks, etc b/c they are still a few months away from having a piece of paper that says, "College Graduate" on it. So for you grinders out there, salute!

But typical college kid, nope...don't want to hear how you stayed up all nite doing your final paper or studying for your exams. I've done it. I've paid my dues and I'm telling ya, there's nothing harder than waking up everyday and providing for your loved ones in this shitty economy, or working your fuckin ass off so Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi can stuff their pockets with 40% plus of every one of my paychecks, or so I can pay down my fuckin debt, bills, house, etc.

So, when you are glaring at that Scantron or are fucking so geeked on aderol while your doing your final powerpoint presentation that you're seeing Sesame Street characters, know that your typical day starts at 10am, it isn't the end of the world if you skip 3 classes in a row, and that your basic necessities are guaranteed. For the 4 to 8 year semi-vacation it is, you can put in one all niter worth of work!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tommy, I just looked up from the computer to see that I had wasted at least an hour of my night reading this delightful blog! It is by far the funniest thing I have read in awhile, thank you for making me the creepy girl who laughs when reading the computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna go ahead and agree that the real world makes college look even more like the fuckin picnic it is

    ReplyDelete