Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sofa Shopping...disguised as a poor person


It's a central Ohio thing...people are very quick to judge, b/c let's face it, the number of old money, blue bloods around here are few and far between.

So, you are stuck in a situation of a bunch of wanna-be big timers, the nouveaur riche trash...yes, the people in over the head on the $350,000 mortage, beamer, etc...and they only work as a modest furniture salesman.

I purchased a new frontroom set a few weeks ago and it was a fascinating experience. Of course, on my off days, I have ZERO interest in dressing up. None. I go out in my scrubby clothes...with my fiancee...also a scrubster, and I'm telling ya...if you wanna just go browse anything...cars, electronics, furniture, fine art, etc...just wear a tshirt and sweat pants...you won't get approached by any of the conceited, fur nosed salesman.

We went to a furniture store and were eventually approached by a female sales rep who provided us with very little attention. She basically suggested that if we don't find anything, the "discount store" across the street was having a big sale.

I felt like Bill Gates...for those of you who don't know, after his first billion, Gates showed up for a house showing with a realtor wearing only jeans and an old tshirt. The woman told him there was no way that he should be looking at the house, as there's no way he could afford it. Gates purchased the house on principal, alone.

Well, I felt the same way...the only difference was, I couldn't find ANYTHING worthwhile.

So, we went to another store...and again, no interest...except for one female sales rep who casually greeted us. Although we were dressed in scrubs, being that she approached us, she was able to see my fiancee's incredibly rare and incredibly fuckin expensive engagement ring. As a fellow sales rep, all I can say is SMART GIRL.

Sure enough, we walked out of there with a new custom sofa, chaise, and 3 nesting tables. They're comin this weekend...so therefore, I deemed it timely.

No comments:

Post a Comment