Thursday, April 16, 2009

What it's like to work a 20 hour day...


It's the third time I've done this in the past year.

We have these things called resets. Basically, the store wants to reorganize itself b/c it has been a slacker for too long and finally, they are fed up with themselves.

This reset occured in Zanesville at 6 pm. I don't want to miss out on sales, so I worked my normal 7-5 day...no big.

Now with these resets, you never know what to expect...but what I'm learning quickly is to always anticipate the worst.

I knew shit wasn't going to go well when they wanted to move the entire cereal aisle...however, the aisle where we were intending to move everything was full of flour. Flour is fucking heavy...and dusty. So, we slaved and slaved and moved the flour. I was supposed to get help from one of these brokers. His coworkers mentioned that he had conveniently "thought the reset was the next nite." God.

So I bust my dick all nite. All nite. While you slept. While everyone else in the world is sleeping. While that cunthole who ditched me is sleeping.

And I create magic...but I didn't completely finish...so at 3 am, I called it quits and drove home. I ended up returning today to finish it.

It ruined my week and hurt my sales numbers...and I went above and beyond and I didn't end up getting paid anymore money for working overtime. There really is no advantage to it. Union guys, listen up...I did it bc I love my job, my company, and the fat paycheck they deposit into my bank account every two weeks. I did it to show thanks to my company, as well as to go above and beyond to provide stellar service to my customers. Union guy, you won't understand that...bc you would have gone home as soon as your 8 hours were up...errr, after 3 15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch...so, 6 hours plus a poop break. You people make me sick and until GM, Ford, and the rest of the Union exclusive companies in the entire states of Michigan and Ohio figure it out that Unions are corrupt, outdated, and promote sloth...you can suck it...bc in one nite, I worked half your work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment