Friday, April 17, 2009

Cheering for the fat guy running...

I've picked up a new hobby: running. I know, it sounds shocking...I've always hated it, but hey, I've always love to punish myself...at least this is healthy.

So I tried to go to Antrim Park the other day after work. Of course, there wasn't a parking spot available. Everyone in Columbus was there. No thanks.

So, I decided to head back home and try running in the church parking lot across the street.

It went great until I was about 3/4 of the way through my run.

First, what appeared to be the pastor showed up...and he decided to engage me...probably in hopes of converting me....but he didn't...he was just being a nice person.

Then, up the ridge, came a wacky father and his teenaged son with their dumb as fuck black lab.

Of course, in this situation, one would expect the teenager to misbehave. But he didn't. He was mild mannered, respectful and was all about walking his dog.

But no, this asshole old man got goin on me. I have to stop every now and then to catch my breath. And when I did, this wisefuck starts cheering and clapping like he's at the Boston Marathon.

"Woo-hoo...Come on, buddy!"

God...I didn't even know how to react. I couldn't smile, not bc I was tired, but bc this is about the rudest thing you could do...disguised as being nice...pure phoniness.

He's cheering and shit...for like 5 mins. Unfortunately for me, I was out of breath and I couldn't muster up anything to say. Fortunately even more for him, he was about half a football field away from me.

It ruined my day. I just want to work out ya know. Lose my college weight...and I gotta be heckled by some bozo who can't keep his dog from feasting on it's own dog shit (which is what it was doing the whole time).

The last thing I was gonna do was be amusement for this dicksucker...so, I ran across the street and through my front door...and finished on the elliptical.

I think I'm gonna stay on this bitch for awhile. Sure, it's not as good as running...but even with my new shoes, running is murder on my feet. Of course, I'll still go on runs with my fiancee, but I think I'm gonna do the bulk of my workouts on the elliptical. I can blog more...and of course, watch my big screen...much better than dealing with fellow joggers, dogs, the elements, and people enjoying my suffering like their watching an execution and a ballgame wrapped into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment