Friday, April 17, 2009

Buckle up your groceries!


So I did some light grocery shopping today at Marc's...just needed to pick up a few items.

My Jeep is packed with display building material, so I couldn't put anything in the back. Therefore, all of my groceries had to be placed in the front seat.

Well, Marc's had a great 3/$10 deal on Pepsi Max 12 packs...so I was all over that...but you also got a free Diet Pepsi 12 pack. This, combined with my other purchases created enough weight to activate my seatbelt safety sensor.

It has become an industry standard in new vehicles. If someone or in this case, something is in either one of the front seats with the car on, the car is going to let you know that they need to buckle up.

I only live a couple miles from Marc's, but after about 3 blocks...the beeping became unbearable. So, while stopped at a traffic light, I buckled up my groceries.

I dunno if there even is a solution to this, as having an off button for the seatbelt warning defeats the purpose as the millions who continue to drive unbuckled and love the thrill of entertaining the possibility of crashing out the front windshield and eating pure asphalt is still appealing.

So in the meantime, I guess all of us with this neat little safety feature are going to have to cope by buckling up......our groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment