Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Be Humble

I feel that if I'm going to sit on my soap box and rip everyone a new one, I have to set an example of why I'm so enlightened. To be enlightened, you have to be humble and aware enough to know that it's impossible to be an expert of everything; everyone is ignorant at some level and admitting it is the path to truth.

So, I will confess and clear myself of any wrongdoing or denial.

I am a worrier, a person full of anxiety. I worry chronically, like it's my job. I obsess over outcomes and am typically filled with dread. I have limited math skills, I love science but understand things at the most basic levels. I have a boner for animals and am a sucker for them. I continue to collect them. I am messy and disorganized...it's a terrible challenge for a young professional. I am often a stutterer...on one occasion, I said "sheffly" instead of "I have a freshly shaven face." I once said, "that vehicle is a cartruck." I once told my brother to "stallup" hitting me." I'm an addict of anything and I struggle daily with it, but I'm winning w/o rehab or interventions...so fellow addicts, get some self control! I have a hard time telling people no. I have a horrible temper. I am very poor at staying in contact with old friendships, however, life is a busy journey with much hustle and bustle. When you work 50+ hour weeks, it's going to be the social life that will suffer. I love the internet...checking message boards, but never posting. I check facebook more often than I would like to admit. I read craigslist religiously and get a particular enjoyment out of reading loathsome personals, as they are pathetic. I am fat as fuck...not morbidly obese, but fat nonetheless...it is a direct correlation to partying and eating too much. Oh well. The third grader around my waistline is a scarlet letter that I must deal with.

I'm sure I missed a few things, but I feel great. Acknowledging your faults, is a fantastic way to cleanse yourself of ignorance. Now, go back to American Idol, NBA basketball, and surfing the internet, drones. Remember, find your inner ignorance and OWN IT! You will be a better person in the end!!

2 comments:

  1. I like message boards as well. I post though. Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am willing to admit I don't proof read my blogs and that I do make mistakes every now and then, but not being able to spell any word is brute.

    ReplyDelete