Thursday, May 28, 2009

No...no towels please...just get out of here...

I suppose this is an old running joke...cleaning ladies who barge in on you.

Well, it happened to me today. Got back to the hotel from a corporate outing around 3. Took off the clothes to the underwear and tshirt and got on the phone to the wifey. When I talk on the phone, I pace. I also had an itch. I'm in my own suite. I entered the hanes boxer briefs with my left hand and began vigorously relieving the itch on my dick. Of course, Somali cleaning lady is in my doorway talking to me.

"Housekeeping?"
"No, I'm fine."
"Soap, conditioner?"
"No." (Still scratching away, in my undies.)
"Towels????"

This woman clearly isn't leaving. 10 seconds have gone by now. Still in my undies and a tshirt, scratching at that fuckin itch.

Rarely am I rude to people. Very, very rarely. Also, I have an anger problem and yell and scream a lot, but when I'm boiling point angry, I speak very softly.

"Lady, no towels please...just...just get out of here. I'm busy."

I understand there is a cultural void here, but my culture of taking out an itch in my undies in my suite is being violated here and that's not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment