Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pick up stix....

Picked up a bat(baseball) for the first time in 2 years....mind you I just had wrist surgery and am finally cleared to do things....I'm at about 80%...and it's feeling better than it ever did in college....

But even though it was only 4 years ago, it seems like a lifetime since my last game....my junior year...I cried bc I knew it was my last game...I had lost any desire to play the game anymore...my vices had gotten the best of me....my eyesight worse than my grandparents, my anxiety and depression nearly consumed me, my wrist injuries left me unable to check my swing...the sanctuary that baseball was when I was growing up in a horrible home no longer existed bc of my environment and a rotten coach...

There's a lot of what ifs, but I'm just a shell of the prospect I once was....I still have that swing....and I thank my friend Clint for convincing me to go hit with him yesterday....

For the first time in almost a decade, hitting in the cage was just that....my escape...from school, my head, my awful drunken mother, my job.....and for a split second, it was a summer evening in Mason, OH....and I was hitting with my brother...the world of baseball promise ahead of us, limitless, vast, and beautiful...

I'm losing weight again....with the hope of playing in this very competitive men's league next year....and I have the hopes that I'll be down 50-70 lbs, and I'll have a brand new wrist!

Good things coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment